- Turney, P.D. (1999), Increasing evolvability considered as a large-scale trend in evolution, Proceedings of the 1999 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-99) Workshop Program, pp. 43-46.
- Turney, P.D. (1996), How to shift bias: Lessons from the Baldwin effect, Evolutionary Computation, 4 (3), 271-295.
- Turney, P.D., Whitley, D., and Anderson, R.W. (1996), Evolution, learning, and instinct: 100 years of the Baldwin effect, Evolutionary Computation, 4 (3), iv-viii.
- Turney, P.D. (1996), Myths and legends of the Baldwin effect, 13th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML96), Workshop on Evolutionary Computation and Machine Learning, Bari, Italy, July, pp. 135-142.
- Turney, P.D. (1995), Cost-sensitive classification: Empirical evaluation of a hybrid genetic decision tree induction algorithm, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 2, March, 369-409.